« Home | Chick magnet » | Say adiós to the Cottontail clan » | Open season » | Head trauma » | Leftovers » | Groovin' on a Sunday afternoon » | Doesn't Hallmark have an e-card for that? » | Retail therapy for the milk machine » | Let me eat cake » | Extreme Makeover, Deck Edition » 

Sunday, May 14, 2006 

Mother's Day

I'm freaking out right now because I didn't plan my mother's gift very well. I asked her the other day what she wanted and she said she'd like the book A Girl Named Zippy by Haven Kimmel. So we got that for her and now I'm thinking...okay, what else? I bought this Glade Scented Oil Candle set at Costco because I had a coupon, but that just seems bad...bad. Candles are okay, but Glade candles? Why don't I just give her a pack of lottery tickets and a quarter to scratch them with if I'm going to give her something that says "grocery store shopping"?

This is her first Mother's Day as a grandma and I don't have anything truly special for her. We bought these cute picture frames at the dollar store for the great-grandmas and put a pretty picture of Autumn in it. I took the picture yesterday. Autumn's wearing a hat with a Gerber daisy stuck in it. Nathan did this cool Photoshop thing where he took the color out of every part of the photo except the flower. Did I think to get my mother a frame too? Um, no.

Crap. Crap, crap crap.

My Mother's Day is going well. Nathan gave me a Willow Tree figurine of a mama holding her baby and made me French toast for breakfast. That was nice.

Do you think my mom will be able to tell I bought her card at the dollar store?

CRAP!

About me

  • I'm Heather
  • From Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
  • I'm a Michigan woman hoping to discover the secret to fitting 36 hours into a 24-hour day. Work, family, life, laundry blogging. Who has time for it all?
My profile

What I'm Reading

Frequent Haunts


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nathan & Heather N. tagged with Autumn. Make your own badge here.

    < ? Blogging Mommies # >

    - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
    (Random Site)

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Blog Flux Directory
eXTReMe Tracker