« Home | I have my mother's nose » | Sing Along » | Molly's new collar » | Hallelujah! » | Do I have to go back to work? » | New Things » | Some unsettling questions » | Bagels and Swoosh » | Puppy Love » | Clean Sweep » 

Sunday, February 05, 2006 

Sunday (a.k.a. Laundry Day)


Autumn in her 6 month size jammies

Autumn went to her first church service this morning. I was running late and ended up taking her into the sanctuary still in her carseat. I looked around and noticed most everyone else had stowed their infants away in the nursery, and those who did have small children had obviously arrived early enough to leave the carseat behind.

Autumn was well behaved though. She fell asleep after a few gurgles, a couple of coos and a sneeze. As soon as we hit the benediction though, her eyes were open and it was showtime. As we headed out of the sanctuary, one lady stopped me and asked, "What did you give that baby? She was soooo good!" My mom said, "You should have told her it was the breastmilk." Once we had cleared the crowd I pulled Autumn out of the carseat and let my dad hold her long enough to show her off to Pastor Cecil.

After I got home, I started some laundry and have pretty much spent the whole day washing clothes. I usually try to do a few loads on Wednesday so that I'm not spending all day Sunday loading the washer, but for some reason today we had mountains of dirty clothes. I guess it doesn't help when Autumn goes through two outfits in a day. I think her diapers are too small because she keeps having "blow outs" that go up her back and stain her clothes. She had two of those today. After the second time Nathan said, "Just put her in her pajamas." I think it's almost time to bump her up to the size 2 Pampers, but I have at least 60 size 1 diapers I'd like to get through first.

Along with growing out of her diapers, Autumn is growing out of her 0-3 month size clothes. During the past week or so I've noticed her onsies and bodysuits are harder to snap at the bottom and she's just about maxed out on wiggle room in her pajamas. She has enough of the next size up that I was able to weed out most of the smaller stuff, but the process was bittersweet. Some things I didn't want to put away.

Well, tomorrow is the big day. Back to work. My co-workers keep telling me they can't wait for my return. They've been very busy. At first I said I was glad to be coming back, but now...not so much. I'd really rather stay home with Autumn. There's a part of me that says my going to work is better all the way around because I'm making money and Autumn is making friends at daycare. She'll be a better socialized child from the experience. Well, these are the things I'm telling myself. Whether or not I'm believing them is another thing altogether.

On a final note, I've enabled the comments function so that readers can add their thoughts if they so desire. I disabled the function when I started this blog because I noticed my older blogs' comments weren't comments so much as spam. So, feel free to leave a note. If you leave spam, however, your entry will be deleted posthaste. That's fancy talk for pretty damn quick.

About me

  • I'm Heather
  • From Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
  • I'm a Michigan woman hoping to discover the secret to fitting 36 hours into a 24-hour day. Work, family, life, laundry blogging. Who has time for it all?
My profile

What I'm Reading

Frequent Haunts


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nathan & Heather N. tagged with Autumn. Make your own badge here.

    < ? Blogging Mommies # >

    - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
    (Random Site)

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Blog Flux Directory
eXTReMe Tracker