« Home | Puppy Love » | Clean Sweep » | Photo shoot » | Predictability » | Catching Up » | Theory vs Reality » | Back to Life » | D-Day » | Stress » | Best laid plans » 

Monday, January 23, 2006 

Bagels and Swoosh

Yesterday we went out for lunch with my parents. Before we left, Nathan set 2 packs of bagels on the counter to take downstairs to our freezer. As soon as I walked in the door when we returned I realized we had forgotten about the bagels. Sure enough, a pack of plain bagels was gone. All that remained was strips of the plastic bag.

I realize this was in part our fault because we left the food on the counter, but the day before we came home to find what had been a half full bag of cheese curls sitting on the floor, now empty save for a few crumbs. I swear that bag had been on top of the fridge when we left. Molly is either getting bolder or luckier. I hate to think that she's resorting to ramming the fridge in order to get the goodies to rain down on her.

After finding the bagels gone, I said Molly shouldn't get any dinner. Nathan was horrified. "She'll starve," he said.

"She's not going to starve," I said. "She just ate five huge bagels!"

We went back and forth like this with me saying Molly had eaten enough for the day and Nathan saying she should still get dinner. "If she had already eaten her dog food for the day would you feed her five whole bagels as a snack?" I asked.

Since this behavior is escalating, Nathan and I are considering confining Molly to the basement while we're gone. It doesn't seem to matter how clean we try to keep the kitchen. She always finds something to get into every time she's left alone. Along with eating the cheese curls, she pried the lid off the Lysol kitchen wipes just to see if there was anything edible inside. Last week she chewed the lid off some protein powder I had set out to throw away.

I'm worried that she might eat something some day that could hurt her but am also worried that confining her will make her act out even more. It is getting very exasperating to come home to find our bread and buns missing and we aren't very good at remembering to put everything away. The worst incident by far involved a recent emptying of the Diaper Genie and a forgetful mother failing to bring the bag out to the trash bin before leaving. Do I need to continue?

On the lighter side, Nathan did find three of the five missing bagels later when he was downstairs. Apparently Molly had buried the rest of the bag in the chaise lounge. They were big bagels. She must have been saving them for later.

In other news, one of the things we did while we were out yesterday was a little shopping. I know Autumn doesn't really need anything else, but I couldn't resist buying her this cute ensemble:

We're not huge Michigan fans. Nathan mostly favors them because his best friend Ryan favors State. It was on clearance for less than ten bucks and I couldn't resist. Plus, check this out:

It's the Nike swoosh!


Can you say swoosh?

About me

  • I'm Heather
  • From Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
  • I'm a Michigan woman hoping to discover the secret to fitting 36 hours into a 24-hour day. Work, family, life, laundry blogging. Who has time for it all?
My profile

What I'm Reading

Frequent Haunts


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nathan & Heather N. tagged with Autumn. Make your own badge here.

    < ? Blogging Mommies # >

    - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
    (Random Site)

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Blog Flux Directory
eXTReMe Tracker