« Home | Bagels and Swoosh » | Puppy Love » | Clean Sweep » | Photo shoot » | Predictability » | Catching Up » | Theory vs Reality » | Back to Life » | D-Day » | Stress » 

Friday, January 27, 2006 

Some unsettling questions

I made the mistake of watching CNN tonight. The top story was of Neil Entwistle and his murdered wife and baby daughter. This was the first I had heard of this and was horrified to find out their daughter Lillian was only 9 months old. Nine months old and she was shot to death.

All I could think of was who could be so cold as to murder a baby like that? How could someone face that child and pull the trigger? I visited the family's website and looked at all their photos. She was such a beautiful, happy baby.

Later, Larry King talked to a mother whose boyfriend killed her two year-old son, was arrested, tried and acquitted of the murder only to later confess to the crime. He repeatedly slammed the little boy into the floor to get him to stop crying, but the jury found him not guilty because the mother was a star witness for the defense. She didn't believe he did it and the jury believed her.

Who uses violence to calm a crying baby?

No more CNN for me.

About me

  • I'm Heather
  • From Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
  • I'm a Michigan woman hoping to discover the secret to fitting 36 hours into a 24-hour day. Work, family, life, laundry blogging. Who has time for it all?
My profile

What I'm Reading

Frequent Haunts


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nathan & Heather N. tagged with Autumn. Make your own badge here.

    < ? Blogging Mommies # >

    - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
    (Random Site)

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Blog Flux Directory
eXTReMe Tracker