« Home | Predictability » | Catching Up » | Theory vs Reality » | Back to Life » | D-Day » | Stress » | Best laid plans » | Not yet » | That Woman » | A little honey » 

Sunday, December 18, 2005 

Photo shoot

Today we took pictures to send out with our Christmas cards. I had originally wanted to get Autumn's picture taken by a professional, but the stores are crazy right now and we just hadn't gotten around to scheduling a sitting. We'll probably do that once she's around three months old, but for now we settled for our own digital camera.

The idea was to take a family photo in front of the Christmas tree. Nathan and I put on some festive-colored clothes and I found a green velvet dress for Autumn amongst my old clothes that my mom had pulled out of her cedar chest a few months back. We even put a holiday bandana on Molly so that she would be included too.

My dad was set to come over at 2pm to take the pictures. I dressed Autumn and the three of us went downstairs. While we waited for my dad, I snapped off a few pics while Autumn sat in her daddy's lap.


Of course Molly had to get in on the action as soon as they sat down. Autumn is getting used to the wet nose treatment.


Much better!


This would have been a candidate for the Christmas cards but mom is behind the camera!

Unfortunately our good mood was short-lived. Autumn could only tolerate so much before the tears started to flow. But Grandpa still hadn't shown up!


Finally my dad arrived and we tried a couple shots standing in front of the tree. By that time we could only calm Autumn with a pacifier.


Getting into place


This one would have been perfect if we had thought to take the storage containers out of the backround. Even Molly is looking at the camera and Autumn isn't crying.

We decided to sit down to see if we could get better results. This time Molly wasn't cooperating and Nathan was trying to wrangle her.



Now I'm not looking at the camera.


Almost there, but there's something going on with Autumn's head. Her little baby neck muscles aren't quite strong enough to hold up that melon of hers yet.


Uh oh. The pacifier has popped out and Autumn is starting to cry.


Now Daddy's not smiling.

After all that, we decided to go with this pic:

People really only want to see the baby anyway, right?

About me

  • I'm Heather
  • From Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
  • I'm a Michigan woman hoping to discover the secret to fitting 36 hours into a 24-hour day. Work, family, life, laundry blogging. Who has time for it all?
My profile

What I'm Reading

Frequent Haunts


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nathan & Heather N. tagged with Autumn. Make your own badge here.

    < ? Blogging Mommies # >

    - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
    (Random Site)

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Blog Flux Directory
eXTReMe Tracker