« Home | Stress » | Best laid plans » | Not yet » | That Woman » | A little honey » | Family Outings » | Thank heaven... » | Ideas » | Booty » | Signs » 

Tuesday, November 15, 2005 

D-Day

Well, today's my last day of being pregnant. I'm both relieved and excited. Okay, I'm freaking out a bit, too. Twenty-four hours from now I could be holding my daughter in my arms. Last night was my last night of quiet sleep. Today is the last day I can wonder, "what should I do?" This is going to be interesting.

I'm a little disappointed that I ended up going this far. I had hoped that the girl would decided to make an appearance before this. Ever since I found out I was pregnant, I wondered what the whole delivery experience would be like. I had hoped to go into labor naturally. I was looking forward to being awakened in middle of the night by my first contractions and wondering if they were the real thing. I guess it's the drama I'm going to miss. I wanted so much to freak Nathan out by saying, "it's time!" like so many women on TV have done in the past. I know, I watch way too much TV.

In all honesty, scheduling an induction is much more my style. I'm a planner, a control freak to be exact, and knowing when and where I'm going into labor is much more comforting than the unknown I've been anticipating. Of course there are still some unknown variables involved here. How big is this child anyway? Is the induction going to work? How long will I have to labor? Is this going to end up in a c-section? Nathan and I have been talking about that possibility. Somehow he knows how all of our neighbors ended up delivering their children and thought it would comfort me to share their stories. Tina next door was late with her first and had to be induced. She ended up having a c-section. Same thing with Tracy behind us, who just had her fifth child via c-section. Rochelle across the street, however, gave birth naturally.

"Was she induced, too?" I asked.

"No," he said.

Crap.

Marla recently told me that the day the baby is born is just one day in the child's life and there will by many more important things to concentrate on later. Not everyone experiences an ideal delivery, but the end result is worth every moment.

About me

  • I'm Heather
  • From Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
  • I'm a Michigan woman hoping to discover the secret to fitting 36 hours into a 24-hour day. Work, family, life, laundry blogging. Who has time for it all?
My profile

What I'm Reading

Frequent Haunts


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nathan & Heather N. tagged with Autumn. Make your own badge here.

    < ? Blogging Mommies # >

    - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
    (Random Site)

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Blog Flux Directory
eXTReMe Tracker