« Home | Not yet » | That Woman » | A little honey » | Family Outings » | Thank heaven... » | Ideas » | Booty » | Signs » | Some things work, some don't » | What, me worry? » 

Tuesday, November 08, 2005 

Best laid plans

Last night I thought I might finally be heading somewhere. I woke up at 2 a.m. with the worst stomach cramps and nausea. I remembered reading somewhere that these two things together could be an early sign of labor. I spent the next 2 hours alternating between the bathroom and lying on my bed watching Nick at Night. Finally, after taking a bath, I became comfortable enough to turn off the TV and fall asleep until my alarm woke me 2 hours later.

When I got up to get ready for work, I asked Nathan if he had experienced any stomach problems too and he said he had. Since I doubt he was having sympathy symptoms, we're blaming the Costco take and bake pizza we heated up for dinner last night. Apparently the pizza is delicious in the quantities they dole out during sample time at the store. Any more than that and you're reaching for the antacid and wishing your throat was coated in Teflon.

So we're now at 2 days past due and no sign of an impending arrival. The good news is that there is an end in sight. I have an appointment to be induced on the 15th should the girl remain stubborn. While this wasn't my ideal scenario, I am happy to know something will happen in the next seven days regardless of what the baby has planned for herself. I'm hoping the threat of an eviction will get her moving out on her own. My mother-in-law was quick to point out that the 15th is opening day of deer hunting season and I've already been told I'd be out of luck for company should I have the baby during that time. Nathan's father and brothers are all big hunters.

It just goes to show that in spite of all your preparation and fantasies about how you want things to go, the baby always has other plans.

About me

  • I'm Heather
  • From Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
  • I'm a Michigan woman hoping to discover the secret to fitting 36 hours into a 24-hour day. Work, family, life, laundry blogging. Who has time for it all?
My profile

What I'm Reading

Frequent Haunts


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nathan & Heather N. tagged with Autumn. Make your own badge here.

    < ? Blogging Mommies # >

    - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
    (Random Site)

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Blog Flux Directory
eXTReMe Tracker