« Home | Theory vs Reality » | Back to Life » | D-Day » | Stress » | Best laid plans » | Not yet » | That Woman » | A little honey » | Family Outings » | Thank heaven... » 

Friday, December 09, 2005 

Catching Up



It's been a couple of weeks since I last posted. I guess now that I can't complain about being pregnant I have less to write about. I am totally digging not being pregnant anymore. I can bend over, put on my socks and tie my shoes without assistance. I'm back to taking baths again and actually put on a pair of non-maternity jeans last week. Life is pretty good.

Autumn is doing well. I keep looking for her personality to develop but so far she's about as interesting as a hamster. I think her eyesight is developing more because she seems to have taken notice of the TV. Last night she kept moving her head to the side towards the light coming from the TV so Nathan adjusted her swing so that she could see better. After a few minutes of watching "Law and Order" we switched to a Baby Einstein DVD. I don't know if she enjoyed it more, but it made us feel like better parents.

Once in awhile I catch Autumn in a smile. It's usually when she's sleeping or right after I nurse her. I don't know if this is an actual smile or just gas, but it's the cutest thing to see. Unfortunately I haven't had a camera ready to catch the smiles. My mother tells me that in a few weeks she'll be smiling on a regular basis, real smiles, with giggles soon to follow. Right now it's all gurgles, cries and screams. The screams usually come when I wait too long to feed her. It doesn't take her long to launch into a full hunger tantrum. She seems to have inherited my impatient nature.

She's still not sleeping through the night, but at this point I'm not really expecting her to. I've been sleeping in later in the morning when she allows me to but can't seem to nap when she does during the day. Once in awhile Nathan or I will take extended naps with her in the evening. Those are the best.

About me

  • I'm Heather
  • From Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
  • I'm a Michigan woman hoping to discover the secret to fitting 36 hours into a 24-hour day. Work, family, life, laundry blogging. Who has time for it all?
My profile

What I'm Reading

Frequent Haunts


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nathan & Heather N. tagged with Autumn. Make your own badge here.

    < ? Blogging Mommies # >

    - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
    (Random Site)

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Blog Flux Directory
eXTReMe Tracker