« Home | Signs » | Some things work, some don't » | What, me worry? » | And then there was me » | TomKat and the land of dreams » | E.P.I.D.U.R.A.L » | Where does the belly go during yoga? » | Tree trunks » | What I got and what I want » | I didn't get fatter just to receive gifts! » 

Wednesday, October 19, 2005 

Booty

I think these last few weeks are going to be very dangerous ones as far as my wallet is concerned. We have everything we need and yet I can't stop looking for more things to buy the girl. On Sunday I went to Meijer and put the Fisher Price Jumperoo on layaway and wondered if she would like a Boppy 5-in-1 Fun toy or just the Boppy Tummy Play pillow. I ended up with neither, but that's not to say I won't go back.

In the old days it was all about me. What do I want or what do I need. Sure, I've bought a few new things; a couple of nursing bras here, some lanolin nipple cream there. Let's not forget that I actually bought two books this summer and read them both in record time, even after I vowed to frequent the library rather than the bookstore (we're talking Harry Potter and Jennifer Weiner so I had to buy). The cool thing is that I am so excited about focusing my attention elsewhere that I don't really care if I never get another thing. So is this good or bad?

I've been making my own money since I was thirteen years old, and up until I started living on my own, was able to spend that money however I pleased. I figure I've been spoiling myself rotten for a good 20 years now and can afford to spoil someone else. I may treat myself occasionally to something small, but I have a feeling most of my purchases will be geared towards the girl and things like this.

But I'd like to think even I'm sensible enough not to spend $37 on baby booties.

About me

  • I'm Heather
  • From Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
  • I'm a Michigan woman hoping to discover the secret to fitting 36 hours into a 24-hour day. Work, family, life, laundry blogging. Who has time for it all?
My profile

What I'm Reading

Frequent Haunts


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nathan & Heather N. tagged with Autumn. Make your own badge here.

    < ? Blogging Mommies # >

    - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
    (Random Site)

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Blog Flux Directory
eXTReMe Tracker