« Home | And then there was me » | TomKat and the land of dreams » | E.P.I.D.U.R.A.L » | Where does the belly go during yoga? » | Tree trunks » | What I got and what I want » | I didn't get fatter just to receive gifts! » | More to ponder » | Directions » | 40 Days... » 

Friday, October 14, 2005 

What, me worry?

This makes me feel much better


Nathan and I went to the appointment today hoping to find out once and for all if we are indeed having a girl. The ultrasound tech took us in the room and had me lie down on the table. She didn't promise that she'd be able to tell us anything because sometimes the position of the baby just makes it impossible. We were really there to see how big the baby was getting anyway. So the tech is prodding me with the wand thingy and says, "Oh yeah. I can see this is 100% girl."

We weren't provided with the very best quality images, but what that little arrow above is pointing to is our little girl's labia, or what the techs in the biz affectionately refer to as the "cheeseburger."

Let me tell you, I was so glad to hear that. It's not that I wouldn't have been happy with a boy, but I just finished making 40-plus birth announcements that say "It's a Girl!" and "She's Here!" I was not about to get my stamping supplies out again. Add to that my closet full of girl clothes and the fact that my mother keeps buying more and you can see why I didn't like not knowing for sure what's baking in my oven.

By measuring the baby's head, abdomen and other areas, the tech was able to tell us that she's now at 6lbs 12 oz. Should I make it all the way to 40 weeks she'll end up to be over 8lbs. "That doesn't sound bad," said Nathan. Um, sure, piece of cake.

Afterwards was my appointment with the doctor. I was pleasantly surprised to find out I had lost two pounds in the past two weeks. I've been up at every single appointment since I've been pregnant, so this was even more good news. Unfortunately, I'm not dilated at all but the doc did indicate that things seemed to be progressing. She thought the girl's head to be lower than it was two weeks ago (head down, yes!) and said some people belive a good way to keep things progressing is lots of sex. No joke.

I did mention to the doctor about her being gone the week I'm due and she said if I'm ready enough she could induce me before her vacation. I told her I wasn't too interested in being induced and wanted things to happen on their own. I could end up being induced if I go too far past my due date, so I'm not going to dismiss her suggestion about the sex.

I'll have to see if I can talk Nathan into that.

About me

  • I'm Heather
  • From Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
  • I'm a Michigan woman hoping to discover the secret to fitting 36 hours into a 24-hour day. Work, family, life, laundry blogging. Who has time for it all?
My profile

What I'm Reading

Frequent Haunts


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nathan & Heather N. tagged with Autumn. Make your own badge here.

    < ? Blogging Mommies # >

    - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
    (Random Site)

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Blog Flux Directory
eXTReMe Tracker