« Home | Tree trunks » | What I got and what I want » | I didn't get fatter just to receive gifts! » | More to ponder » | Directions » | 40 Days... » 

Thursday, October 06, 2005 

Where does the belly go during yoga?

It's official. I am now sick if being pregnant. This baby can come at any time, though being my kid, she'll wait until the very last minute to make her entrance into the world.

Brenda and I were talking the other day about how it would be nice to go a bit late so that neither of us would have to come back to work at the beginning of the winter semester. She said she wouldn't mind going two weeks late and I said I wouldn't mind going a week late as it would make it easier for me to come back at the end of January like I'd been planning. Maybe it's the three days of unusually hot weather we've had that's made me change my mind, but this kid had better show up on time.

I didn't sleep really well again last night. Nathan was watching the season opener of the Red Wings on our TV upstairs so I went downstairs and decided to try out the prenatal yoga DVD I bought a couple of weeks ago. I had tried yoga before and enjoyed it, so I thought it would be a nice way to get some mild activity in. There are two sections; one for an energizing workout and another for relaxation. Halfway into the energizing workout I stopped the DVD. I was getting sick of the third trimester woman in the background who was demonstrating the more advanced poses. Two weeks from delivery and this woman was working harder than the instructor. I hated her.

So no more yoga for me. I hit the couch and watched Martha Stewart's apprentice show long enough to see Shawn get kicked off for being too arrogant. Too arrogant for Martha? Now that's ironic. Before I knew it, I was drifting in and out of "Law and Order" and finally decided to go to bed after Conan O'Brien interviewed Matthew McConaughey. Of course I knew it would be at least a half hour before I actually went to sleep. I know I won't be getting any more sleep after the baby arrives, but I do hope to be more comfortable.

About me

  • I'm Heather
  • From Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
  • I'm a Michigan woman hoping to discover the secret to fitting 36 hours into a 24-hour day. Work, family, life, laundry blogging. Who has time for it all?
My profile

What I'm Reading

Frequent Haunts


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nathan & Heather N. tagged with Autumn. Make your own badge here.

    < ? Blogging Mommies # >

    - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
    (Random Site)

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Blog Flux Directory
eXTReMe Tracker