« Home | ...and to the left. » | Look to the right... » | Lactation Frustration » | Game Day » | Sunday (a.k.a. Laundry Day) » | I have my mother's nose » | Sing Along » | Molly's new collar » | Hallelujah! » | Do I have to go back to work? » 

Thursday, February 09, 2006 

No, Heather, that's NOT normal...

I’ve officially had my first mom-related injury. Tuesday night I was opening a package of baby wipes refills with a pair of scissors. I lost my grip on the wipes and instinctively went to grab them with the hand that was holding the scissors and sliced the flesh between my pinkie and ring finger on my left hand.

It was painful, the kind of pain that makes you want to utter every swear word in the book and make some new ones up as well. It bled a good bit, but once I had that under control I covered it up with some Neosporin and a Band-Aid.

The next morning the area around the cut was bright red and hurt like hell. When I got to work, I showed a few co-workers my injury and asked, “That’s not normal, right?” Even though I knew it wasn’t normal, I had to be reassured that it wasn’t normal. Several people told me I should get it checked out, so after work I tromped off to the med center.

Yep, it’s infected. I’m now on antibiotics. It’s a good thing I only waited 24 hours to get it checked out. I vaguely remember Rosie O’Donnell dealing with a staph infection a few years ago after cutting herself. I guess she had to have surgery and they nearly amputated her hand. Yikes.

The down side, some may think, is that the antibiotics reduce the effectiveness of birth control by 10%. When I told Nathan this, he opened up his arms and said, “Let’s make a baby! I want a son.”

Men. They’ll say anything to get into your pants.

About me

  • I'm Heather
  • From Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
  • I'm a Michigan woman hoping to discover the secret to fitting 36 hours into a 24-hour day. Work, family, life, laundry blogging. Who has time for it all?
My profile

What I'm Reading

Frequent Haunts


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nathan & Heather N. tagged with Autumn. Make your own badge here.

    < ? Blogging Mommies # >

    - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
    (Random Site)

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Blog Flux Directory
eXTReMe Tracker