« Home | Conceptionalization » | The Fourteenth of February » | Pizz-am! » | Atta Boy! » | Office Space » | No, Heather, that's NOT normal... » | ...and to the left. » | Look to the right... » | Lactation Frustration » | Game Day » 

Friday, February 17, 2006 

Loud and Clear

Last night Nathan and I went to Red Lobster after work. We dropped our stuff off at home and didn't even take Autumn out of the car seat before heading off to the restaurant. I had let Molly out to do her business when I got home. She likes to play catch with the frisbee and often times won't stop barking until we give it a toss. Yesterday was miserably cold and rainy and I ordered Molly back inside before she could get the first bark out.

After we returned home, I went into Autumn's room to deposit her car seat. As soon as I turned on the light I could tell something was wrong. The afghan my mother made was in a heap in the middle of the room as was one of Autumn's quilts. Both had been folded up on the floor next to the crib. The dragonfly rug was turned over as well. It looked as though someone had been looking for something.

Then I noticed the big wet spot next to the crib.

I walked over, touched the carpet and sniffed my hand. It didn't really smell like urine. There was an empty water bottle that I thought may have caused the stain, but the cap was screwed on tight. I picked up the afghan and sniffed it. Oh yeah. That smelled like urine.

Instead of being angry, I felt horrible. Had I ordered Molly back into the house too soon? Did she not get a chance to pee first? Of course I think it's no coincidence that she chose Autumn's room as the place to go. The way the room look afterwards, I imagined her in an angry frenzy thinking, "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!" Two stuffed toys have also suffered as a consequence. Apparently they were also in her line of fire.

I keep telling myself that things will bet better once the weather gets warmer. We'll be able to take more walks with both Molly and Autumn. I think Molly needs a little TLC pretty quick though. She's sent us a message that she's not very happy right now.

About me

  • I'm Heather
  • From Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
  • I'm a Michigan woman hoping to discover the secret to fitting 36 hours into a 24-hour day. Work, family, life, laundry blogging. Who has time for it all?
My profile

What I'm Reading

Frequent Haunts


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nathan & Heather N. tagged with Autumn. Make your own badge here.

    < ? Blogging Mommies # >

    - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
    (Random Site)

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Blog Flux Directory
eXTReMe Tracker