« Home | Office Space » | No, Heather, that's NOT normal... » | ...and to the left. » | Look to the right... » | Lactation Frustration » | Game Day » | Sunday (a.k.a. Laundry Day) » | I have my mother's nose » | Sing Along » | Molly's new collar » 

Monday, February 13, 2006 

Atta Boy!

Yesterday was Conner’s baptism. Nathan and I were invited to attend the service at Ryan and Marla’s church. It was all very nice and somewhat reminiscent of The Lion King. After anointing Conner, the pastor walked to the end of the stage and held Conner up for the congregation to see. We all stomped our feet to signal our approval and the pastor handed Conner back to his parents before digging into the banana he had stashed in his back pocket.

All joking aside, it was very special and I really respect Ryan and Marla for pledging to pass their faith on to their son. Nathan and I enjoyed the service so much that we’re actually thinking of returning. We’ve not always been church people. Lately, the only time we’re ever in a church together is when someone gets married.

After the service we were invited to Ryan and Marla’s for lunch. They had quite a spread of meats and cheeses and topped the whole thing off with a cake from Costco. I love love LOVE Costco sheet cakes. If I could sustain myself on Costco sheet cakes I would. They are that good. Conner loved the cake, too. He stuck his hand in the thing shortly after Marla sat him down in front of it for a picture. I believe that was his first taste of solid food.

Hey! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I really like yours too! Your daughter is beautiful.
Funny about the baptism - ours was exactly the same - our pastor held Jude up and it reminded me of The Lion King too . . . cool. Are they Presbyterian?

Actually they're Methodist. I'm not sure what the difference is. I'm a bit of a religous dunce.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Heather
  • From Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
  • I'm a Michigan woman hoping to discover the secret to fitting 36 hours into a 24-hour day. Work, family, life, laundry blogging. Who has time for it all?
My profile

What I'm Reading

Frequent Haunts


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nathan & Heather N. tagged with Autumn. Make your own badge here.

    < ? Blogging Mommies # >

    - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
    (Random Site)

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Blog Flux Directory
eXTReMe Tracker