« Home | Out with it » | Ants (not the cutesy Disney kind) » | Here's your fortune, cookie » | Like sappy song lyrics, these are the days of our ... » | I wanna be a comedian » | Not-so-happy daisy » | First Feeding-The Video » | Saving Daylight » | A fable about karma » | AtumnTV » 

Friday, April 14, 2006 

Catfight

The first thing Carol said to me when I stopped to pick Autumn up yesterday was, “we got some owies today.” Apparently Carol went to do some dishes and left Autumn in the play room with 9 month-old Brooke. Autumn was on one end of the room on her back and Brooke was on the other side happily playing with some toys. All of the sudden Carol hears screaming coming from my child and rushes back into the room to see Brooke pawing at Autumn like a grizzly bear. Never having been abused in such a manner, Autumn was quite inconsolable for a good half hour. She came out of the tussle with a few scratches on her face that still looked pretty red when I picked her up. By the evening her face looked much better but I took a picture anyway in case Autumn decides to press charges:



Carol felt awful, of course, and vowed to keep Bruiser Brooke sequestered in an Exersaucer from now on whenever she leaves the play room. I think Brooke felt a little guilty too because she started crying when Carol explained what happened. I told Brooke it was okay, but I don’t think Autumn is willing to be so forgiving. Carol said for the rest of the afternoon Autumn would cry any time Brooke came near her.

For the rest of the evening we joked about Nathan having to teach Autumn some self defense moves. We’d bob and weave and punch our fists into the air saying, “Brooke! Brooke! Brooke! Brooke!” Autumn thought it was a hoot, but I hope she was taking notes. I really don’t want to have to send extra lunch money with her to school some day.

About me

  • I'm Heather
  • From Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
  • I'm a Michigan woman hoping to discover the secret to fitting 36 hours into a 24-hour day. Work, family, life, laundry blogging. Who has time for it all?
My profile

What I'm Reading

Frequent Haunts


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nathan & Heather N. tagged with Autumn. Make your own badge here.

    < ? Blogging Mommies # >

    - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
    (Random Site)

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Blog Flux Directory
eXTReMe Tracker