« Home | It's all part and parcel of the whole mommy gig » | Next, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! » | I'll take "Mystery Stains" for $100, Alex » | From Snausages to sausages » | I'm not just the hair club president... » | Smarty pants » | Why hello, piggies! » | The great diaper explosion of 2006 » | The Raymond Inqusition » | A weekend pictorial » 

Thursday, March 09, 2006 

Let's take bread

Last night a lady from the church we've been attending stopped over for a little welcome visit. We chatted for a few minutes and she handed us a loaf of bread and some church literature. After she left, Nathan set the bread on the counter and we loaded Autumn into the car to go to Costco.

By this point you can probably see where I'm going with this.

On the way to Costco, Nathan gasped. "Oh no. I left the bread on the counter."

"Let's turn around," I said.

"It's no use, " he said, "it's already gone."

"Well it is church bread. You don't think maybe it will be protected by the grace of God?" I asked, only half joking.

"No way. That dog has the devil in her," he said.

Of course he wasn't wrong. As soon as we got home, Nathan went upstairs, curious to see what, if anything, remained of the bread. All he found was the plastic bag it came in, which was torn to bits. He looked down at Molly. "Well you're not getting any dinner now," he said.

We'd only been home about five minutes before Molly proceeded to puke up the entire loaf of bread on the rug of our front landing. Fortunately I was nursing Autumn and didn't have to clean that mess up.

At this rate, I'll be able to write one hell of a good book about that dog some day.

About me

  • I'm Heather
  • From Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
  • I'm a Michigan woman hoping to discover the secret to fitting 36 hours into a 24-hour day. Work, family, life, laundry blogging. Who has time for it all?
My profile

What I'm Reading

Frequent Haunts


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nathan & Heather N. tagged with Autumn. Make your own badge here.

    < ? Blogging Mommies # >

    - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
    (Random Site)

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Blog Flux Directory
eXTReMe Tracker