« Home | I'm not just the hair club president... » | Smarty pants » | Why hello, piggies! » | The great diaper explosion of 2006 » | The Raymond Inqusition » | A weekend pictorial » | Thou shalt not kill » | Inconceivable » | Feminista » | Sniffles » 

Friday, March 03, 2006 

From Snausages to sausages

Let me just put it out there. Nathan and I are dumb. Sign us up for a ride on the short bus because our dog has once again outsmarted us.

Just when we think we have her figured out, Molly proves to us that she will eat just about anything. This morning it was sausages. Four nice, full size frozen smoked sausages to be exact.

I pulled the sausages out of the freezer before we left this morning. Nathan had the day off and took me in to work since his car was in the shop. We gave Molly a couple of Snausages to keep her until Nathan came back home to feed her. Not feeding her before we left was apparently our first mistake.

On the ride in, Nathan asked me if I left the sausages on the counter. I told him I did but that I doubted Molly would eat them because they were frozen solid. “If they’re gone we can have brats instead,” I said, not thinking the sausages would actually be gone. That was my second mistake.

Later in the morning Nathan called me at work. “Well, we’re having brats for dinner.”

“No way. She ate them all?”

I told Nathan to check the chaise just in case Molly buried them there like she did the bagels. Nathan laughed. “It would be like her to stow them away until they thaw,” he said.

So far he has yet to find the sausages. Our hope is that if she hasn’t eaten them already, she will dig them up and eat them when they thaw. Things are going to get very unpleasant otherwise.

So how is it that we continually make the same mistake? Maybe we just like telling Molly stories. We have many. Shall I tell you about her sojourn around the neighborhood this morning? Maybe some other time.

About me

  • I'm Heather
  • From Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
  • I'm a Michigan woman hoping to discover the secret to fitting 36 hours into a 24-hour day. Work, family, life, laundry blogging. Who has time for it all?
My profile

What I'm Reading

Frequent Haunts


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nathan & Heather N. tagged with Autumn. Make your own badge here.

    < ? Blogging Mommies # >

    - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
    (Random Site)

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Blog Flux Directory
eXTReMe Tracker