« Home | Hot off the press! » | More bars in more places » | Lovely Ladybug » | Here's to nine great years... » | He's nice, but he's no Spongebob » | Earlier this afternoon in the ladies' bathroom... » | No Talent Ass Clowns » | It's my house now. Mine, I tell you! » | Cement shoes for the Sony » | Parenting PSA #312 » 

Friday, June 23, 2006 

Dirty little secrets

As I plopped Autumn in her swing to watch “The Wiggles” this morning, I was reminded of a question I asked Nathan a few weeks ago while we prepared our lunches for the day and Autumn squealed in response to “The Wiggles” dancing and singing on TV.

“Do you think these guys get sick of their personas and go on weekend benders with booze and women?” I asked.

“Probably,” Nathan said.

Just think about it. These are grown men, all in their mid-to-late thirties, singing and dancing to the most annoying kid songs ever composed. Granted, there is an educational component to these songs some parents might find valuable the first ten times they hear them. After that, however, the charm of these fellows wear off and you groan every time you hear the opening riffs to “Rockabye Bear” or “Rosy Tea.”

The worst part about the Wiggles gig has to be the concert tours. Night after night with Captain Feathersword and Henry the Octopus hogging the spotlight while Greg tries to keep it all together with his guitar and lovely voice, talents obviously meant for bigger and better venues.

How often have these guys longed to shake a hand that’s not sticky and covered with boogers? How often have the moms of these tots looked mighty appealing and wouldn’t the Wiggle guys just love to invite them backstage as long as they could give their kids the boot for awhile?

Oh, I’m sure there are stories to tell.

Just watch the show sometime and tell me Anthony doesn’t look a little saucy with those sideburns of his.

holy crap I think anthony's the hot one too! hah! but the funny thing is, while i was pregnant i told everyone that the wiggles would not be allowed on any tv my kid was watching.. hes 7 months old and i hum their songs in my damn car before i think hey... turn on the radio...

Hi Heather! I came here from the suggestion of CrazyNewMama and I love your blog! First of all, I could totally get into Anthony (or maybe the other way around). But also, my daughter is 7 months old, so I can totally relate to everything you are going through.

I will be blogrolling you when I get around to updating, but I promise I will be back before then!

I develop strange and innaproriate crushes when I am pregnant and 2 years ago I got really into the wiggles. Anthony and greg did it for me. I even had a rude dream about the 4 of them! Dont tell anyone but I also had them as my screen saver until my husband told some friends of ours.
I no longer have a crush on them even though Im pregnant again but there show is far superior to the Doodlebop shite.

I found you blog via crazynewmama and her recommendation.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Heather
  • From Grand Rapids, Michigan, United States
  • I'm a Michigan woman hoping to discover the secret to fitting 36 hours into a 24-hour day. Work, family, life, laundry blogging. Who has time for it all?
My profile

What I'm Reading

Frequent Haunts


    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Nathan & Heather N. tagged with Autumn. Make your own badge here.

    < ? Blogging Mommies # >

    - Crazy/Hip Blog-Mamas+
    (Random Site)

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates
Blog Flux Directory
eXTReMe Tracker